Floral & Elegant Tea Cup Set for 2
This beautiful floral teacup will have you falling in love with tea all over again.
Set will include:
- 2 Tea Cups
- 2 Matching Spoon
- 2 Saucer
- 1 Storage Hook
- Material: Ceramic
- Ceramic Type: High-grade Bone China
- Technique: On-glazed
- Capacity: 200ml
- Oven ×
- Steriliser √
- Microwave ×
- Dishwasher √
The Advantage Of Bone China:
- Easy to clean.
- Non-toxic and eco-friendly.
- Soft, bright, transparent and never fade.
Bone China Features:
- Bone China is a hybrid hard-paste porcelain containing bone ash.
- Extremely hard, intensely white and will allow light to pass through it.
- Strength is provided by the fusion of body ingredients during firing. This unique pottery body is made from the following: 50% animal bone, 25% china clay, 25% china stone. First or biscuit firing 1200 C - 1300 C. Second or glost firing 1050 C - 1100 C.
- Calcined bone ash is used in the production of bone china and makes up about 50% by weight of the final body recipe. It is produced from animal bone, which is first processed to remove any adhering meat which is generally sold as pet food. The bone is then treated to remove glue, which is processed and upgraded for use in normal applications where glue is used, and also for the sizing of expensive paper. The raw bone which is left after the meat and glue have been extracted is then heated to about 1000 C at which temperature any residual organic material is burned off and the structure of the bone is changed to form suitable for the manufacture of bone china. The high temperature used also sterilizes the bone. Prior to use, the bone is finely ground with water before inclusion in the bone china body and it is calcined bone which gives traditional English bone china its translucency and whiteness.